Thigh Lift Surgery
Also known as a thighplasty, is a surgical procedure that tightens the skin of the inner or outer thigh by removing excess skin. This may be carried out as a single procedure by itself, or combined with another body contouring procedure to obtain more noticeable results.
Thighplasty can be performed on both men and women who have sagging thighs. This may be have occurred due to gravity, hormonal changes, loss of skin elasticity, excess weight, general aging, or a combination of these factors, which has left the patient feeling self conscious and insecure with their looks.
Typically however, most lower body contouring procedures are carried out on previously obese patients. Due to their size, the weight loss they experience left them with large amounts of sagging skin, which can only be effectively addressed via surgical means.
If your are considering thigh lift surgery , any of the following reasons will may make you a good candidate:
- You have realistic expectations about what the thigh lift can do for you and you fully understand that the thigh lift won’t necessarily change your looks to match your ideal
- You are in good health, emotionally stable and don’t have any pre-existing medical conditions
- You feel your inner thighs are too saggy, and feel self-conscious wearing shorts and/or swimsuits
- You have lost a significant amount of weight due to a bariatric surgery or a traditional weight loss method such us diet and/or exercise
Initial consultation for Thigh Lift in La Jolla San Diego
A personal consultation in our exclusive La Jolla / San Diego office is the very first step if you are considering thigh lift.
During the consultation at our La Jolla / San Diego clinic, Dr. Ron Soltero will assess your physical and emotional health, discuss your expectations about thigh lift and examine your skin for firmness and elasticity.
In our La Jolla / San Diego clinic Dr. Ron Soltero will be showing several before and after pictures of thigh lift.
TAP ON THE IMAGE TO VIEW BEFORE AND AFTER RESULTS
The Thigh Lift Surgery
Due to the fact that a thigh lift is a major invasive procedure, it is carried out under general anesthesia. This means that you will be unconscious throughout the duration of the operation.
How long the procedure takes to complete can vary depending on what you are having done, although, in most cases, it will usually take around two to four hours. In order to remove excess skin from the thighs, Dr. Soltero will need to make several incisions to the skin. The location of these incisions will largely depend upon how much skin there is to tighten. Deep stitches are used in the thigh lift to secure the skin to ligament and bone, preventing sagging as the incisions heal.
The thigh lift procedure is performed on our La Jolla / San Diego certified surgery center (outpatient facility). Dr. Ron Soltero’s office is conveniently located in the UTC / La Jolla area. Fully equipped with two AAAASF certified operating rooms, it stands out to be one of the most private and select plastic surgery offices in the San Diego area. A Board Certified Anesthesiologist administers the anesthesia.
After the Thigh Lift Surgery
You will probably feel tired and sore for several days after the thigh lift operation. However within one or two days you should be up and around. Avoid bending and heavy lifting. You do not want to place unnecessary pressure on the stitches.
You will probably be able to return to work in a couple of weeks, and exercise more rigorously in about four to six weeks after the thigh lift.
After the thigh lift you can expect an immediate improvement in the contour of your thighs, and your contour will continue to improve as the swelling subsides over the months. The sagging, hanging folds of skin will be gone and your thighs will appear tighter and possibly smoother. However, the final contour and appearance will not be fully realized for many months after the operation. The scars are permanent and may appear to worsen after a few months, but will fade with time.
Some pre & post op tips for Thigh Lift
- Do no take any medication that contains Aspirin, Vitamin E, weight loss medication or any Chinese herbs for 2 weeks before the surgery. A complete drug list will be provided on your pre op date
- Arrange for an adult to drive you to and from your surgery. You CAN NOT take a taxi home. You must also arrange for an adult to stay with you for 24 hours after the thigh lift operation
- Do not smoke for at least 2 weeks prior to the surgery
- After the first dressing change, wear your compression garment continuously day and night to support and position the skin
- Driving is permitted after a few days, if not taking pain medications or muscle relaxers
- You may resume all normal activities after 6 weeks of the thigh lift surgery
More specific recommendations will be made when you come in to our La Jolla / San Diego clinic.
If you would like to know more about Thigh Lift you can contact us by phone, e-mail or by scheduling a consultation at Dr. Soltero’s office:
4510 Executive Drive Suite 105
San Diego CA 92121
(UTC / La Jolla area)
Please click here to check estimated prices for thigh lift surgery.