Arm Lift or “Brachioplasty”
Fluctuations in weight, growing older and heredity can cause your upper arms to have a drooping, sagging appearance, this is a condition that cannot be corrected through exercise.
Arm Lift surgery will:
- Reduce excess sagging skin that droops downward
- Tighten and smooth the underlying supportive tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm
- Reduce localized pockets of fat in the upper arm region
Arm Lift candidates
In general, arm lift candidates include:
- Adults with significant upper arm skin laxity
- Adults of any age whose weight is relatively stable and who are not significantly overweight
- Healthy individuals without medical conditions that impair healing or increase risk of surgery
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic expectations
TAP ON THE IMAGE TO VIEW BEFORE AND AFTER RESULTS
The Arm Lift Surgery
The incision length and pattern during arm lift surgery depend on the amount and locations of excess skin to be removed.
Incisions are generally placed on the inside of the arm or on the back of the arm, depending on Dr. Soltero’s preference, and may extend from the underarm (axilla) to just above the elbow. Excess fat may be directly excised or treated with liposuction.
Depending on your specific condition, incisions may be more limited. Then, underlying supportive tissue is tightened, and reshaped with internal sutures. Finally, the skin is smoothed over the new contour of your arm.
The Arm lift procedure is performed on our La Jolla / San Diego certified surgery center. Dr. Ron Soltero’s office is conveniently located in the UTC / La Jolla area. Fully equipped with two AAAASF certified operating rooms, it stands out to be one of the most private and select plastic surgery offices in the San Diego area. General anesthesia is used to perform the Arm Lift surgery. A Board Certified Anesthesiologist administers the anesthesia.
If you would like to know more about Arm Lift surgery you can contact us by phone, e-mail or by scheduling a consultation at Dr. Soltero’s office:
4510 Executive Drive Suite 105
San Diego CA 92121
(UTC / La Jolla area)
Please click here to check estimated prices for Arm Lift surgery