Rhinoplasty, or Surgery of the Nose, can reshape the size and look of your nose to enhance facial harmony. Rhinoplasty can also correct a deviated septum, one of the most common causes of breathing impairment. Nasal correction is achieved by adjusting the nasal structure to produce better alignment, thus resulting in better airflow.
What Surgical Rhinoplasty can treat?
- Nose size in relation to facial balance
- Nose width at the bridge or the size and position of the nostrils
- Nose profile with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- Nasal tip that is enlarged or bulbous, drooping, upturned or hooked
- Nostrils that are large, wide or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry
Rhinoplasty can help boost your confidence in your appearance and self-esteem. The Surgery of the Nose can usually be combined with a chin augmentation to bring more balance to your face.
Are you a good candidate for Rhinoplasty? You may a good candidate if:
- You have realistic expectations about what the surgery of the nose can do for you.
- You are in good health and don’t not have any active diseases or serious, pre-existing medical conditions.
- You feel your nose is not a good fit or is too large for your face.
- There is a bump or depression on the bridge.
- Your nose is crooked, off-center or too wide.
- Your tip droops.
- You are 18 years old or older and fully understand the Rhinoplasty procedure.
- You have difficulties breathing.
Initial consultation for Rhinoplasty / Surgery of the Nose in La Jolla San Diego
A personal consultation in our exclusive La Jolla / San Diego office is the very first step if you are considering Rhinoplasty /Surgery of the Nose.
During the consultation at our La Jolla / San Diego clinic, Dr. Ron Soltero will assess your physical and emotional health, discuss your expectations about Rhinoplasty /Surgery of the Nose and the likely outcomes of it.
You will also be able ask questions about Rhinoplasty /Surgery of the Nose, talk about options available and risks involve with the procedure.
In our La Jolla / San Diego clinic Dr. Ron Soltero will be showing several pre and post op pictures of Rhinoplasty /Surgery of the Nose.
TAP ON THE IMAGE TO VIEW BEFORE AND AFTER RESULTS
The Rhinoplasty Surgery
The Rhinoplasty /Surgery of the nose procedure is performed at our La Jolla / San Diego certified surgery center. Dr. Ron Soltero’s office is conveniently located in the UTC / La Jolla area. Fully equipped with two AAAASF certified operating rooms, it stands out to be one of the most private and select plastic surgery offices in the San Diego area.
Cosmetic Surgery of the nose is a very tailored procedure. There are different techniques to perform a Rhinoplasty. The approach used for your surgery depends not only on Dr. Ron Soltero’s preferences, but also on your desired look. The results of a Rhinoplasty /Surgery of the nose enhance the balance between the nose and other facial features. A chin implant can help to improve, also, the balance.
General anesthesia is used to perform Rhinoplasty /Surgery of the nose. A Board Certified Anesthesiologist administers the anesthesia.
After the Rhinoplasty /Surgery of the Nose
A splint or bandages may be applied to the bridge of your nose to protect the nose and to support it in place until the tissues have stabilized. The first day of your surgery you will need to sleep with your head elevated to minimize the swelling. You may also experience some bruising and discomfort.
Within a week your stitches and bandages will come out and the swelling will continue to subside. However you may continue to wear the splint.
Some pre & post op tips for Rhinoplasty /Surgery of the Nose
- Do no take any medication that contains aspirin, vitamin E, weight loss medication or any Chinese herbs for 2 weeks before the surgery. A complete drug list will be provided on your pre op date.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you to and from your surgery. You CAN NOT take a taxi home. You must also arrange for an adult to stay with you for 24 hours after the Rhinoplasty /Surgery of the Nose operation.
- Do not smoke for at least 4 weeks prior to the surgery.
- Keep head elevated on several pillows to minimize swelling.
- Apply cold to decrease bruising and swelling for the first 2 days. (Try frozen peas.)
- Driving is permitted after a few days, if not taking pain medications.
- Avoid heavy lifting, exercise or bending over for 2 weeks.
- You may resume all normal activities after 4 weeks of the Rhinoplasty /Surgery of the Nose.
More specific recommendations will be made when you come in to our La Jolla / San Diego clinic.
If you would like to know more about Rhinoplasty /Surgery of the Nose you can contact us by phone, email or at Dr. Soltero’s office:
4510 Executive Drive Suite 105
San Diego CA 92121
(UTC / La Jolla area)