Rhinoplasty is commonly known as “Nose Job”. Rhinoplasty is the surgery of the nose to either thin, turn up, augment, shorten, elongate or otherwise bring balance to the face through its alteration. rhinoplasty can also refine and define the tip of the nose as well.
Rhinoplasty can reshape the size and look of your nose, the tip or the bridge, narrow the distance between the nostrils or change the angle between your nose and your upper lip. The surgery of the nose, is nowadays one of the most common procedures of all procedures.
A rhinoplasty can help boost your confidence in your appearance and self-esteem, but it won't necessarily change your looks to match your ideal.
The surgery of the nose can usually be combined with a chin augmentation to bring more balance to your face.
Are you a good candidate for rhinoplasty? You may a good candidate if:
- You have realistic expectation about what the surgery of the nose can do for you.
- You are in good health and don’t not have any active diseases or serious, pre-existing medical conditions
- You feel your nose is not a good fit or is too large for your face.
- There is a bump or depression on the bridge.
- Your nose is crooked, off-center or too wide.
- Your tip droops.
- You are 18 year old or older and fully understand the rhinoplasty procedure.
- You have difficulties breathing.
Initial consultation for rhinoplasty /surgery of the nose in La Jolla San Diego
A personal consultation in our exclusive La Jolla / San Diego office is the very first step if you are considering rhinoplasty /surgery of the nose
During the consultation at our La Jolla / San Diego clinic, Dr. Ron Soltero will assess your physical and emotional health, discuss your expectations about rhinoplasty /surgery of the nose and the likely outcomes of it.
You will also be able ask questions about rhinoplasty /surgery of the nose, talk about options available and risks involve with the procedure.
In our La Jolla / San Diego clinic Dr. Ron Soltero will be showing several pre and post op pictures of rhinoplasty /surgery of the nose.
The rhinoplasty /surgery of the nose surgery
The rhinoplasty /surgery of the nose procedure is performed on our La Jolla / San Diego certified surgery center. Dr. Ron Soltero’s office is conveniently located in the UTC / La Jolla area. Fully equipped with two AAAASF certified operating rooms, it stands out to be one of the most private and select plastic surgery offices in the San Diego area.
Cosmetic surgery of the nose is a very tailored procedure. There are different techniques to perform a rhinoplasty. The approach used for your surgery depends not only on Dr. Ron Soltero’s preferences, but also on your desired look. The results of a rhinoplasty /surgery of the nose enhance the balance between the nose and other facial features. A chin implant can help to improve, also, the balance.
General anesthesia is used to perform rhinoplasty /surgery of the nose. A Board Certified Anesthesiologist administers the anesthesia.
After the rhinoplasty /surgery of the nose
A splint or bandages may be applied to the bridge of your nose to protect the nose and to support it in place until the tissues have stabilized. The first day of your surgery you will probably sleep with your head elevated to minimize the swelling. You may also experience some bruising and discomfort.
Within a week your stitches & bandages will come out and the swelling will continue to subside. However you may continue to wear the splint.
Some pre & post op tips for rhinoplasty /surgery of the nose
- Do no take any medication that contains aspirin, vitamin E, weight loss medication or any Chinese herbs for 2 weeks before the surgery. A complete drug list will be provided on your pre op date.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you to and from your surgery. You CAN NOT take a taxi home. You must also arrange for an adult to stay with you for 24 hours after the rhinoplasty /surgery of the nose operation.
- Do not smoke for at least 4 weeks prior to the surgery
- Keep head elevated on several pillows to minimize swelling.
- Apply cold to decrease bruising and swelling for the first 2 days. (Try frozen peas.)
- Driving is permitted after a few days, if not taking pain medications.
- Avoid heavy lifting, exercise or bending over for 2 weeks.
- You may resume all normal activities after 4 weeks of the rhinoplasty /surgery of the nose
More specific recommendations will be made when you come in to our La Jolla / San Diego clinic.
If you would like to know more about rhinoplasty /surgery of the nose you can contact us by phone, email or at Dr. Soltero’s office:
Executive Drive Suite 105
San Diego CA 92121
(UTC / La Jolla area)
Please click here to check estimated prices for rhinoplasty /surgery of the nose