Forehead lift known as brow lift, corrects the sagging or low position of the eyebrows, softens horizontal creases across the forehead and erases the expression of worry and anger that can result from frown lines
In a forehead lift / brow lift, the muscles and tissues that cause the drooping are removed or altered to smooth the forehead, raise the eyebrows and minimize frown lines. Dr. Soltero may use the conventional surgical method, in which the incision is hidden just behind the hairline; or it may be performed with the use of an endoscope, a viewing instrument that allows the forehead lift / brow lift to be performed with minimal incisions. Both methods offer the same outcome: a more relaxed and refreshed appearance.
However there is no age limit for forehead lift / brow lift, it is most commonly performed on men & women in the 40-60 year old range
Forehead lift / brow lift can be done in conjunction with other cosmetic surgery procedures like face & neck lift or eyelid surgery.
Good candidates for forehead lift / brow lift are:
- People with realistic expectation about what the forehead lift / brow lift can do for them.
- People who are in good health and do not have any active diseases or serious, pre-existing medical conditions.
- People who have sagging or low position of the eyebrows.
- People who have deep horizontal creases on the forehead.
- People who have frown lines.
- You are 18 year old or older and fully understand the forehead lift / brow lift procedure.
Initial consultation for forehead lift / brow lift in La Jolla San Diego
A personal consultation in our exclusive La Jolla / San Diego office is the very first step if you are considering forehead lift / brow lift
During the consultation at our La Jolla / San Diego clinic, Dr. Ron Soltero will assess your physical and emotional health, discuss your expectations about forehead lift / brow lift and examine your bone structure and the underlying tissues of the face. The skin elasticity, tone and the muscle activity of your entire forehead and upper eyelid will be evaluated. Often, patients who are bothered by excess skin in their upper eyelids don’t realize that a sagging brow is contributing to that appearance.
You will also be able ask questions about forehead lift / brow lift, talk about incisions and risks involve with the procedure.
In our La Jolla / San Diego clinic Dr. Ron Soltero will be showing several pre and post op pictures of forehead lift / brow lift.
The forehead lift / brow lift surgery
The forehead lift / brow lift procedure is performed on our La Jolla / San Diego certified surgery center. Dr. Ron Soltero’s office is conveniently located in the UTC / La Jolla area. Fully equipped with two AAAASF certified operating rooms, it stands out to be one of the most private and select plastic surgery offices in the San Diego area.
The approach used for your forehead lift / brow lift surgery depends not only on Dr. Soltero’s preferences, but also on the look that you want to achieve.
There are several variations to the forehead lift / brow lift procedure. Dr. Soltero will recommend the technique that he feels will obtain the best result for you.
One common method is the coronal incision technique. With this technique, the incision is made across the top of the scalp, beginning above the ears and concealed within the hair.
The second method uses an endoscope, which offers a limited incision and allows Dr. Soltero to see and work on the internal structures of the forehead.
General anesthesia is used to perform forehead lift / brow lift. A Board Certified Anesthesiologist administers the anesthesia.
After the forehead lift / brow lift surgery
The immediate post-operative experience for a patient who has had a classic forehead lift may differ significantly from a patient who had the procedure performed endoscopically.
You may find that a headband has been placed around your forehead and scalp to minimize swelling. Discomfort is usually minimal but any pain you fell can be controlled with pain medication.
Within a week your stitches or clips will come out, most of the bruising will disappear and the swelling will continue to subside. Within three weeks, numbness and itching will start to diminish as the nerves continue to heal
Some pre & post op tips for forehead lift / brow lift
- Do no take any medication that contains aspirin, vitamin E, weight loss medication or any Chinese herbs for 2 weeks before the surgery. A complete drug list will be provided on your pre op date.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you to and from your surgery. You CAN NOT take a taxi home. You must also arrange for an adult to stay with you for 24 hours after the forehead lift / brow lift operation.
- Do not smoke for at least 4 weeks prior to the surgery.
- You should avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Consider using sun block.
- Keep head elevated on several pillows to minimize swelling
- Driving is permitted after a few days, if not taking pain medications.
- Avoid heavy lifting, straining or bending over 2 weeks.
- You may resume all normal activities after 3 weeks of the forehead lift / brow lift surgery.
More specific recommendations will be made when you come in to our La Jolla / San Diego clinic.
If you would like to know more about forehead lift / brow lift you can contact us by phone, email or at Dr. Soltero’s office:
Executive Drive Suite 105
San Diego CA 92121
(UTC / La Jolla area)
Please click here to check estimated prices for forehead lift / brow lift surgery