Liposuction in San Diego/ La Jolla Area
Liposuction, also called lipoplasty, liposculpture suction, lipectomy, or lipo, is a type of cosmetic surgery that breaks up and “sucks” fat from the body. Most commonly, liposuction is used on the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, neck, chin, upper and backs of the arms, calves, and back. Liposuction can help boost your confidence in your appearance and self-esteem, but it won’t necessarily change your looks to match your ideal. Liposuction can produce excellent results if you have unwanted lumps, bulges, and areas of fat that make certain body parts appear disproportionate.
Liposuction can be done in conjunction with other cosmetic surgery procedures like breast augmentation or abdominoplasty.
Are you a good candidate? Any of the following reasons may make you a good candidate for liposuction:
- You have realistic expectations about what liposuction can do for you.
- If you are within 30% of their ideal weight who have firm, elastic skin and good muscle tone.
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life threatening illness or medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure or recently liposuction done near the area to be treated.
- If you have stubborn areas of excess fat that doesn’t respond to traditional weight-loss methods or exercise.
- If you are 18 years of age or older and fully understand the liposuction procedure.
Initial consultation for Liposuction
If you are considering Liposuction the very first step is to make an appointment for a complimentary personal consultation in our exclusive La Jolla / San Diego office.
During the consultation Dr. Ron Soltero will assess your physical and emotional health, discuss your expectations about liposuction and examine your skin for firmness and elasticity.
You will also be able to point out the areas where you would like to see improvement and talk about incisions and risks involved with liposuction. Dr. Ron Soltero will be showing several pre and post op pictures of liposuction.
TAP ON THE IMAGE TO VIEW BEFORE AND AFTER RESULTS
The Liposuction Surgery
The liposuction procedure is performed on our La Jolla / San Diego certified surgery center. Dr. Ron Soltero’s office is conveniently located in the UTC / La Jolla area. Fully equipped with two AAAASF certified operating rooms, it stands out to be one of the most private and select plastic surgery offices in the San Diego area.
General anesthesia is used to perform liposuction. A Board Certified Anesthesiologist administers the anesthesia.
Nowadays the number of options and liposuction techniques might overwhelm you. The method used in our La Jolla / San Diego clinic is called Power-Assisted Liposuction or Micro Aire Technique.
The Power-Assisted Liposuction represents an important development in fat removal technology. It is considered the most modern method with best results. This technique is combined with the tumescent liposuction where a medical solution is injected to the areas prior to be treated. The tumescent liposuction helps the fat be removed more easily, reduces blood loss, bruising, provides anesthesia during and after surgery and a more pleasant recovery.
Dr. Ron Soltero will make a tiny incision near to the area to be suctioned. Whenever possible, incisions are hidden within natural folds or contour lines of the skin.
After the Liposuction Surgery
You will probably feel tired and sore for several days after the liposuction operation. However within one or two days you should be up and around. Within the first weeks, the swelling will reach its peaks and then begin to go down. Bruising might appear and you may fell numbness on the areas suctioned.
Right after the surgery you will be fitted with a compression garment to control swelling and help your skin adjust to its new body contour.
Some pre & post op tips for Liposuction
- Do no take any medication that contains Aspirin, Vitamin E, weight loss medication or any Chinese herbs for 2 weeks before the surgery. A complete drug list will be provided on your pre op date.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you to and from your surgery. You CAN NOT take a taxi home. You must also arrange for an adult to stay with you for 24 hours after the liposuction.
- Do not smoke for at least 2 weeks prior to the surgery.
- You will be fitted with a compression garment after surgery; you must wear this continuously for 6 weeks.
- Driving is permitted after a few days, if not taking pain medications.
- Avoid heavy lifting, exercise or excessive movement of your arms for 2 weeks.
- You may resume all normal activities after 3 weeks of the liposuction.
More specific recommendations will be made when you come in to our La Jolla / San Diego clinic.
If you would like to know more about liposuction you can contact us by phone, email or at Dr. Soltero’s office:
4510 Executive Drive Suite 105
San Diego CA 92121
(UTC / La Jolla area)